Happy Hour should be just that—happy. But not if you drive afterwards. (Unless you have an extra $17,000 sitting in your bank account.)
This video, from Our Driving Concern, shows the magnitude of consequences from drunk driving.
A first-time adult offender may face:
- Up to a $2,000 fine.
- Jail time between 3 days and 180 days.
- License suspension for up to 2 years.
- Annual surcharge up to $2,000 for 3 years to keep your license.
- DWI intervention or education program.
- Possible ignition interlock device.
Read more about DWI laws and consequences.