The events on our calendar reflect impaired driving activities going on throughout the state of Texas. If you have events that you would like added to the calendar, please submit your event to Jack Wenzel. Events will be updated as they are received.
Grand Prairie – DRUG RECOGNITION EXPERT-BASIC CERTIFICATION
June 6 @ 8:00 am - June 16 @ 5:00 pm CDTFree
*REQUEST FOR APPLICATION*
152-hour course to certify officers as Drug Recognition Experts. The course consists of three phases and a Certification Knowledge Examination:
- DRE Pre-School
- DRE School
- DRE Field Certification
The DRE Pre-School and DRE School run together over two consecutive weeks (9 days total)
Requirements to Attend:
- Have a minimum of two years experience as a Texas peace officer employed by any state, county, or municipal law enforcement agency.
- Have completed the NHTSA 24-hour Standardized Field Sobriety Testing course prior to application.
- Possess a reasonable background in impaired driving enforcement.
- Possess a documented ability to complete thorough and accurate reports.
- Recommendation of two current Drug Recognition Experts.
Once your application is received you will be emailed a complete information packet.
Seat confirmation in the course is considered in the order that the completed application packets are received.
In cases where the school reaches capacity, suitable applicants will be placed on a waiting list.
Application to the DRE School is a competitive process and acceptance is not guaranteed.
*Please note this submission does not register you for the course, it is a request for application for the course.