The events on our calendar reflect impaired driving activities going on throughout the state of Texas. If you have events that you would like added to the calendar, please submit your event to Jack Wenzel. Events will be updated as they are received.
- This event has passed.
Georgetown – Drug Recognition Expert Instructor Course
January 10 @ 8:00 am - January 14 @ 5:00 pm CSTFree
*REQUEST FOR APPLICATION*
50-hour course to certify officers as Drug Recognition Expert Instructors. The course consists of three phases.
- DRE Instructor School
- Instructor Presentations at DRE School
- DRE Instructor Field Certification
Requirements to Attend:
- Must have completed at least one DRE Recertification course.
- Possess a TCOLE Basic Instructor Certificate prior to application.
- Possess a reasonable number of enforcement evaluations since initial certification.
- Possess documented experience as a trainer or instructor, preferably in the area of SFST.
- Recommendation of two current Drug Recognition Expert Instructors.
Once your application is received you will be emailed a complete information packet.
Seat confirmation in the course is considered in the order that the completed application packets are received.
In cases where the school reaches capacity, suitable applicants will be placed on a waiting list.
Application to the DRE Instructor School is a competitive process and acceptance is not guaranteed.
*Please note this submission does not register you for the course, it is a request for application for the course.