What began as an informal meeting has evolved over the last 10 years to create the current task force. The task force includes Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) subgrantees and other stakeholders not directly affiliated with TxDOT’s Traffic Safety Section.
The task force meets at least twice a year, and provides insight and guidance to TxDOT’s alcohol and other drug countermeasure program.
Members of the task force include representatives from law enforcement, prosecution, adjudication, prevention, advocacy, media development/communications, traffic safety education, treatment, research, training, alcohol service, driver licensing, employers, administrative sanctioning, and public health/medical. The members represent different aspects of the impaired driving issue as well as the geographic and demographic diversity of the state.
Find out more about our members on the Member Spotlight section of the website.
Task Force Members
- AAA Texas & New Mexico
- ADAPT/ FRIDAY
- Austin Police Department
- Baylor Scott & White Health — RED Program
- Bell/Lampasas Counties Community Supervision & Corrections Department
- Cedar Hill Police Department
- College Station Police Department
- Collin County Community Supervision and Corrections Department
- Education Service Center — Region 6
- Guerra Deberry Coody and Company
- Law Enforcement Mobile Video Institute — DPSTF
- MADD – State Office
- Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office
- National Safety Council
- Richard Alpert Law
- SafeWay Driving Systems
- Sam Houston State University
- Smart Start, Inc.
- Teens in the Driver Seat
- Texans Standing Tall
- Texas A&M AgriLife Extension
- Texas A&M Transportation Institute
- Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission
- Texas Association of Counties
- Texas Association of Substance Abuse Programs
- Texas Center for the Judiciary
- Texas Department of Public Safety
- Texas Department of Transportation
- Texas District and County Attorneys Association
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas
- Texas Justice Court Training Center
- Texas Municipal Courts Education Center
- Travis County Attorney’s Office
- Texas SFST
- U in the Driver Seat
- UT Health San Antonio